Here’s the list of top Shirdi travel tips to help you plan your visit to Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- The gates for Sai Darshan at Sai temple open up at 7 am and shuts at 10 pm after the night aarti.
- Mobile phones and cameras are strictly not allowed inside temple premises.
- Mobile phones, cameras, shoes and bags can be deposited in the two cloak rooms near gate number 2 and 3 of the temple complex.
- Want to avoid long queues? Go for VIP Darshan ticked and book online.
- Devotees wanting to distribute alms to beggars can do so only in the beggar’s shed, near Prasadalaya with the help of the Prasadalaya incharge.
- The Shri SaiBaba Sansthan Trust, Shirdi has not appointed any representative for the purpose of collecting donations in cash or otherwise.
- Never give donations either in cash or otherwise personally to anybody.
- women and diabetic persons should eat some food before joining the darshan queue as during heavy rush days time required for darshan will be from 2 to 3 hours.
- Sanshthan trust prasdam shops are there at multiple locations. Buy prasadam only from these shops inside the temple complex.
Besides Sai Baba Samadhi/Sai Baba shrine, other places inside the Sai Temple Complex include:
- The Khandoba temple, the spot where Baba acquired the title ‘Sai’.
- Gurusthan, where He spent most of his time under the neem tree
- Dwarkamai – a mosque and where Baba lived and worked as a hakim and performed most of the miracles .
- Chavadi, where Baba spent his alternate nights
- Lendi Garden that houses the Nanda deep – between a neem and a bodhi tree that Sai Baba planted himself.
Have you been to Shirdi? Share your travel tips in the comments below or write at email@example.com.